DispatchHealth is looking for a Lead Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Advanced Practice Provider or APP) to join our growing clinical team in Seattle.
The Lead APP at DispatchHealth promotes the DisptachWay by providing clinical leadership to the APPs. Through interviewing, hiring, training and ongoing performance management, the Lead APP will drive safe, high-quality care resulting in improved patient outcomes. The Lead APP will work collaboratively with the Market Manager (MM) and the Regional Medical Director and cross functionally with Central Services teams, to enhance the patient, provider and partner experience.
This position is a combined role including patient facing clinical shift and administrative duties. Proportion of clinical and administrative time commitment predicated on several factors, including size (number of cars) of market, number of offices etc. The performance of clinical services during scheduled shifts as an APP is an essential requirement for the Lead APP's duties in their assigned market. Specifics for assigned area will be discussed during the interview process.
- Build a highly functional and engaged clinical team of APPs by working with Central Services/
Talent Acquisition to interview/hire APPs.
- Ensure clinical readiness to practice during the interview process, arrange MATs (medical assessment tool) as needed, and complete Clinical Validation Process for all APP hires.
- Evaluate New Grad Applicants and work closely with Clinical Center of Excellence (CCOE) to support new graduate APPs as clinically appropriate.
- Scheduling is primarily managed by Central Scheduling in accordance with Scheduling Policy with Market Manager as primary contact for market specific scheduling needs.
- Assist with above APP scheduling and staffing when escalated by the Market Manager or Central Scheduling.
- Champion scheduling practices that are consistent with Scheduling Policy and APP contract terms.
- Orientation for APP new hires: conduct in office training and arranging clinical orientation/shifts in conjunction with CCOE and People Services.
- Perform Competency Based check offs in collaboration with CCOE.
- Evaluating readiness for solo clinical practice
- Provide support for initial clinical shifts
Clinical Monthly Meeting:
- Utilizing the Centralized Template, complete Deck with local specific information. Champion information, contained in Deck.
- In collaboration with Market Manager and Medical Director, conduct monthly clinical meetings with all staff.
- Achieve targets for Clinical Metrics, subject to change based on patient need.
- Achieve additional KPIs goals which are primarily tracked by MM with Lead APP assistance for any outliers.
- Clinical Inbox management oversight
- Performance Reviews of all APPs on regular cadence
Business Development Support
- As time permits, attend clinical meetings with vendors/preferred partners with Market Director and Community Engagement Managers as needed
Quality, Safety and Patient Outcomes Champion:
- Perform professional services for no less than minimum number of clinical shifts per Lead APP contract to support patient care needs in the market, understand clinical experiences, gain insight and maintain credibility with clinical teammates in the market.
- Champion culture of safety by working closely with the Quality Department to support initiatives to improve patient safety, quality care and patient outcomes
- Promote use event reporting system to track potential patient safety issues, manage and evaluate complaints, identify and implement policies and procedures that enhance patient safety, quality care and outcomes.
- In collaboration with Market Manager and Regional Medical Director address patient and/or partner complaints and concerns. Participate in APP coaching and service recovery, as
- Chart Review with aim to promote evidence based medical practice and adherence to DispatchHealth clinical pathways
- Work as part of a clinical care team with a DHMT (Medical Technician) and individually, as appropriate for the service line to deliver care in the patient's home through our innovative in-home care service lines (i.e., Acute Care, Bridge Care, Advanced Care, Tele-presentation and others). This involves being in a mobile unit and driving or riding in a company vehicle to the place of service.
Dispatch Way Culture
- Engage in activities that promote teamwork, change management, positivity, and professionalism.
- Promote the Dispatch Way in all interactions.
- People are at the center of what we do. The Lead APP will champion both local and central initiatives to promote engagement thus leading to enhanced employee retention and patient loyalty.
- At least 5 years of experience in the ED, UC or family practice
- Current unrestricted state licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Nationally board certified (current)
- Current BLS/ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Ability to document in electronic medical record, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Ability to adopt and champion technological tools to optimize provider workflow
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Cultural competency
- Knowledge and ability to perform therapeutic interventions such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor surgical procedures
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills utilizing evidence-based standards of practice
- Expertise in clinical skills related acute care, chronic conditions, and injuries
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Ability to thrive in a patient-focused environment
- Previous management and clinical leadership experience preferred
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient's location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
We deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the comfort of home.
Building the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.