In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Financial Analyst
based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
This position will develop complex financial models, perform strategic financial analyses, and communicate findings and recommendations to management with concise and informative presentations. This position will also be responsible for providing analytical support for ongoing business activities including partner risk assessments, ROI analysis, lease vs. buy comparisons and credit applications.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office - with extensive experience building financial models and a "power user" within Excel.
- Build various long-range strategic planning and project feasibility models. Construct financial models that facilitate sensitivity analysis with key assumptions, scenario planning, and that incorporate appropriate analytical techniques to validate results and measure risk.
- Experience building presentations (PowerPoint) to communicate complex analysis in a simple manner. Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Understand financial statements and their interrelationships, financial system data, metadata, and hierarchies. Utilize independent thinking skills and best practices to analyze financial statements to aid in developing projections.
- Experience working with enterprise business reporting systems such as Workday and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Collaborate with other functional areas in development of planning processes and financial models that produce timely, accurate and relevant financial information for making informed business decisions.
- Participate and lead process improvements that deliver more efficient and effective financial models and business process.
- Adaptable and capable of performing in a fast-paced environment.
- Role is primarily project-based.
- Less than 5% travel is expected.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum of four (4) years Finance and/or Accounting with related experience in a mid-size to large organization. Minimum of three (3) years of comparable professional experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to department heads, management, and the accounting group.COMPUTER SKILLS
Proficient on company provided hardware and software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.OTHER SKILLS
Strong financial modeling skills. Analytical approach.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on to stay current on all of our openings.