Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad. BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD. Position Overview
Quad is seeking Folder/Gluer Operators at our Woburn, MA plant location. The Operator performs set-up and operates the machine to automatically fold, glue, and affix inserts and/or outserts on preprinted stock to ensure that production accurately meets the customer job order. Responsibilities to include:
- Make-Ready functions
- Production: Activate process; monitor production and adjust machine during production run as required. Synchronize speed of machine to maximize crews output.
- Perform and/or arrange for preventative maintenance according to schedule.
- Record router information and information for daily production sheets such as: time spent on specific tasks, number of items produced, etc.
- Occasionally train workers on the Folding and Gluing Machine operations, and the feeding and take off functions.
- Cross train as assigned.
- Experience with the following equipment: Folding and gluing machines, automatic sealing equipment, Inserters, Tape Heads, computers, trash compactor, automatic labelers (EAM), and roller-conveyor table
- Familiar with production and processing. Understands inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods. Able to analyze needs and production requirements.
- Troubleshooting experience and skill sufficient to analyze the process, determine what is causing an operating error and/or identify what must be changed, and generate a number of possible solutions and/or use logic and analysis to decide what to do about it.
- Able to perform work related functions requiring the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, read, and interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work-related documents.
- Able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Ability to work 2 nd Shift
Additional Company Information
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred
- Computer experience preferred (Data Collection Station)
- Folding/Gluing Operator Experience preferred
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace