$1000 New Hire Bonus! Ask Human Resource Representative for details.
As a Perishable Clerk, you'll be a key part of our Team. You'll help us build lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on, understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Prepared Foods team, your primary responsibility will be servicing the customers by filling their orders and ensuring they have the freshest products available. In Prepared Foods, you may be working with our salad bar, sandwich area, hot foods or beverage bar. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store including, but not limited to, the Deli and Meat Departments.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. One that knows you're successful only when those around you are set up for success. You should also be eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations.
- Make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience
- Have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers and abide by the Company's Statement of Values.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Set up deli/cheese case by preparing case according to company standards and procedures.
- Replenish product in the Grab-n-Go food cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed.
- Replenish product in the deli cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain product level in sales cases by identifying low product and filling where necessary.
- Replenish product in the prepared foods and seafood cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Record special orders on prepared foods products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Replenish product in the meat, produce, seafood, floral departments, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Record and assist in preparation of deli special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Learn about and maintain knowledge of code dating.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-or-stock percentage goals.
- Assist in receiving and unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Check deliveries by comparing invoice to merchandise.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning work processes.
- Handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.