Performs a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and practice. Emphasizes health promotion as well as acute and chronic disease management. Works in conjunction with physicians to provide medical services to patients; collects and documents data, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations and provides direct patient care services, including physical exams, diagnoses and treatment of patients, etc.
1. Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care. Reviews normal and abnormal diagnostic tests and takes appropriate action according to the individual s scope of practice. Participates in research by serving as a Primary Investigator or Sub- Investigator in clinical trials and registries.
2. Takes patient histories, conducts physical examinations, and records the date in the patient s record; writes progress notes; prepares patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtains psycho social history relevant to patient care, and assumes responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
3. Orders and interprets laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explains necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient. Obtains written patient consents and communicates with experts and communicates with experts as needed.
4. Carries out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitors progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintains record of each patient s progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
5. Makes diagnoses and formulates a treatment plan for patients. Performs patient education on their disease state, as well as healthy living recommendations. Will perform follow up exams after procedures, hospitalizations, surgeries, etc.
6. Provides clinical expertise and serves as a resource for office clinical staff in physician s absence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- - Skill and ability in electronic medical records applications.
- - Ability to work as a member of a team.
- - Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with team members and patients.
- - Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- - Ability to understand legal issues that influence the practice of the extenders.
- - Ability to lead a team maintaining professional demeanor
- - Ability to build effective relationships within and outside PHC.
- - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- - Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. APP - Specialty OP
Pulmonary / Sleep APP:
- CPR/ACLS certification
- Participate in assigned Center of Excellence
- Strong pulmonary / sleep medicine knowledge
- Be able to correctly interpret CXR, PFTs, PSG
- Ambulatory Vein Center.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire date.
- Able to perform sclerotherapy injections.
- Able to perform sclerotherapy injections within 1 year of hire date.
- Able to take call for vein center patients only.
- Able to commute between All vein Centers.
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- ACLS required within 6 months of hyperbaric medicine training
- Completes hyperbaric medicine training within 6 months of hire
- Wound care certification preferred within 2 years of hire (CWON, CWS)
Frequently performed procedures:
- o Sharp, ultrasonic, enzymatic and chemical debridement
- o Wound cultures
- o Punch/ Excisional biopsy
- o Suture/ staple removal
- o Casting application and removal
- o Topical and local anesthesia
- o Pulsatile lavage
- o Evaluate and mark ostomy patients
- o Application of negative pressure
- o Application of bioengineered tissues
- o Gastric and ostomy lavage
- o Remove/ replace g-tubes
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current Georgia license for Advanced Practice Nursing and a Master s degree in Nursing.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Licensed for Advanced Practice Nursing (ACNP, FNP, WHNP).
To be considered for this opportunity email
Comprised of over 19 hospitals, more than 3,500 employed physicians, and over 700 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia, Piedmont Healthcare is a fast-growing, recognized leader in delivering expert care. Metro Atlanta s vibrant economy fuels a wealth of global communities and diverse cultural experiences, while the state of Georgia offers coastline beaches and mountain views. Live and work with the best at Piedmont in the big and small towns of the Peach State.
"Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time."