Job Summary AECOM
is actively seeking a highly motivated GIS Analyst II
for employment to join our high-performing Environmental Team in the Conshohocken, PA office. At AECOM, were delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. Were one global team 47,000 strong driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
About AECOMs Environment Business Line
- Utilizes GIS methodologies, software, and supporting hardware to provide a better understanding of the many potential variables in a given geographic location
- Provides expertise of a competent GIS practitioner to all conventional aspects of functional area and applies management of spatial and non-spatial information in accordance with industry standards
- Develop documentation on the source and evolution of spatial data
- Produces spatial and non-spatial data while ensuring accuracy and logical consistency in processing and output
- Work with Senior GIS Programmer to help design and manage custom developed automation solutions
- Work assignments involve complex GIS studies and require advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices
- Work independently as well as within a project team to executes and delivers GIS projects of moderate to significant scope and complexity
- Validate and edit geospatial data
- Create, collect, convert, and integrate geospatial datasets
- Ensure that information management quality assurance procedures comply with AECOM standards and procedures
- Perform geospatial analyses
- Produce a variety of mapping products for presentation
- Analyze technical problems and devise new approaches and alternative solutions
- Prepare GIS datasets for integration with ArcGIS Server/ArcGIS Online
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the worlds most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOMs Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in GIS, Geography, Planning, Environmental Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- 2+ years of total experience involving progressively more responsibility
- Experience working with ArcGIS and geospatial databases
- Fluency in ArcGIS Suite 10.X and particularly Data Driven Pages
- Knowledge of cartography, coordinate systems, and map projections
- Knowledge of database editing, validation, and maintenance
- Knowledge of establishing, validating, and maintaining topology for spatial data
- Knowledge of mobile data collection and GPS techniques
- Experience supporting web-based GIS services (ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder)
- Working knowledge of multi-user environments (ex. CITRIX)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced consulting environment and ability to perform well under in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work on complex projects within interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific and/or engineering data pertaining to biological and/or ecological impacts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and POWERPOINT
- Solid report writing and ability to perform detail-oriented work
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication is required. A writing sample will be requested
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What We Offer
- Sponsorship is not available for this role
- Relocation is not available for this role
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether youre working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and lets get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours. Job Category
Geographic Information Systems Business Line
Environment Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
United States of America Position Status
Full Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
267845BR Additional Locations
US - Tampa, FL - 7650 W Courtney Campbell Causeway Virtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.