Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Systems Engineer
GDIT has an opening for a Systems Engineer position supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Chantilly, VA. This is an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG's global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model. The work includes the following:
- Operating the DoDIN-Army (National Guard) (DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-Secret (S) networks and maintaining service delivery and cybersecurity of DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and computing services.
- Supporting the DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and associated computing services from requirement identification to service retirement / replacement.
- Ensuring continued security of the network and proactive enhancement of cybersecurity to meet evolving and emerging threats, to include compliance with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and continuous monitoring requirements.
- Providing support to the 54 supported organizations (i.e., 50 states, three territories, and the District of Columbia) to ensure flexible and responsive operation and defense of the network. Some OCONUS travel might be required.
- Adhering to all Department of Defense (DoD) enterprise security requirements to include those required by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the Department of the Army (DA); prepping for and passing Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs), obtaining and maintaining Authority to Connect (ATC) and Authority to Operate (ATO) from the Designated Approving Authority (DAA); ensuring compliance with all Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and required information assurance (IA) controls.
- Maintaining the lifecycle of all services, ensuring they meet business needs, comply with Army directives and mandates, and are in keeping with the future Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture.
- Maintain continuity of service when primary support systems operate in degraded mode per COOP.
The Systems Engineer will:
- Develops support applications as required and integrate those applications into the support applications infrastructure.
- Develops requirements for support applications including dashboard display, process automation, and interface applications.
- Prototypes applications to assess impact within the infrastructure.
- Develops and tests applications including interface applications for transferring data with other Government entities, as approved, and ensuring machine-to-machine communication and interface.
- Deploys and integrates applications within the infrastructure.
- Plans for and ensure the orchestration with other applications within the infrastructure and with applications outside the infrastructure.
- Proposes, tests, implements, integrates, operates, maintains, and improves ticketing and incident tracking system(s).
- Creates, updates, and maintains documentation for all systems.
- Provides expert-level knowledge of data manipulation and automation tools, including Microsoft Power BI and Power Automate.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant software and application development of tool dashboards
- Possess the appropriate baseline certifications to achieve DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (CompTIA Security+ or higher)
- An active Secret security clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Azure or AWS Cloud Foundations Certifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Chantilly
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.