At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Powertrain Advanced Manufacturing Team is responsible for building and supporting prototype hardware for Lucid's next generation HV Battery, Drive Unit and Power Electronics programs at our headquarters in Newark, CA. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our prototype build team.
- Accelerate the prototyping and production of next-generation HV battery modules and packs by developing and improving equipment, tooling and processes at Lucid's Prototype Factory in Newark, CA
- Rapidly develop and optimize process documentation
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders including Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities, Test, Quality and Supply Chain
- Provide Design and Manufacturing Engineering teams with objective, actionable feedback to improve product, process and equipment.
- Work with facilities contractors to ensure successful installation of equipment
- Help develop, implement and refine key quality metrics
- Provide engineering support to other powertrain and vehicle areas as needed
- Manufacturing process development and implementation onsite at Lucid's powertrain factory in Casa Grande, AZ.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding technical problem solving abilities based in a strong grasp of engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design, fabrication and manufacturing
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive mindset and strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- NPI and product launch
- Lean Manufacturing and DOE
- Hands-on mechanical fabrication and prototyping
- Quality systems
- Manufacturing Test Development (NI LabVIEW, etc.)
- Design Validation Testing
- EV Powertrain systems
- CAD skills (CATIA 3DX preferred)