HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What We Need:
We are looking for an Industrial Engineer to join our HNI Workplace Furnishings team in Wayland, NY.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for item, bill of material (BOM), routing, and option/logic table creation and maintenance for assigned product/system
- Lead initiatives to improve bill of material, labor, cost, and inventory accuracy
- Improve analytic tools and provide documentation to support structure implementation & maintenance, new product costing, inventory accuracy and data analysis
- Understanding of LFO Manufacturing Systems (examples; Oracle EBS, MES, Business Intelligence, etc.) and internal systems (MDM, MDS, Product Change Management, etc.)
- Use SIF and MDS to create logic and option tables to pull in an accurate bill of material
- Perform labor rate analysis and updates (time studies, variance review, standard hours understanding)
- Analyze existing item information to find inaccuracies and root cause issues related to Oracle, BOMs, cost, inventory and labor
- Provide data, data analysis, and support for production, customer service, product engineering, supply chain, accounting, etc.
What You Have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, preferably with 2 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong problem-solving experience, team/meeting facilitation skills, and computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, SQL a plus, and Oracle a plus).
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization skills and able to prioritize and plan work activities to support multiple projects
- Good communication skills with all levels of operations and management
- Meets deadlines and productivity standards while identifying and acting upon opportunities
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!