Employee Referral Incentives $500 - $1,500
This position is located at the West Fraser Lumber Mill located in Henderson, Texas. The Industrial Manufacturing Electrician will be responsible for troubleshooting, correcting, and maintaining all electrical equipment within the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Test electrical systems and circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or repair
- Troubleshoot, program, and upgrade Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Work with vendors to identify needed parts and recommend to Supervisor
- Understand and update instrumentation loop diagrams, E & I drawings, blueprints, and schematics
- Program AC & DC variable speed drivers
- Update power distribution system, MCC, and switch gears
- Install electrical equipment
Required skills and experience include:
- Lock-out procedures
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team
- Highly motivated
Other required skills:
- Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime and to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Have 4-5 years of Electrician work experience in a Industrial/Manufacturing environment
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Allen Bradley PLC5
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000
- Allen Bradley Panelviews
- Allen Bradley Communications - Devicenet & Ethernet
- Scanning and Optimization systems within the Lumber Business (Porter, USNR)
- Process Network Communication Systems and Components - Ethernet & Fiber Optic
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: /jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
Please attach your resume to your online profile.
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America and the largest softwood lumber producer globally!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace.
- 4 year(s): Industrial Manufacturing Electrical