RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As an Insurance Accounting & Finance Consultant, you will play an instrumental role in assisting clients in a variety of challenging projects.
Expertise in Life Insurance products (i.e., Life, Retirement, Annuities) is required.
Large Company experience is required with 5+ years of expertise in one or more of the following areas.
Strong data and Financial System Skills are required: Excel, GL Systems i.e. SAP ERP, and Consolidation tools like SAP BPC.
- Monthly, Quarterly, Annual GL Close Process
- Journal Entries, Accruals, GL Account Reconciliation, Account Analysis
- Actuarial LDTI journal entries / Reserve Balance postings
- Debt posting amortization and 3rd Party debt postings
- Corporate Accounting & Consolidations,
- Legal Entity Consolidation process, Intercompany Elimination entries
- SEC / 10K / 10Q Reporting & Filings Preparation and Review
- GAAP vs. IFRS Reconciliation
- Financial Statement Preparation and Variance Analysis,
- Financial Statement MD&A, Footnotes Preparation
---Statutory Accounting / Statutory or Regulatory Reporting such as Yellow Book, NAIC Reporting
---Financial Planning & Analysis with Life Insurance and Investment Analytics (Investment Income and related Allocations and Projections)
---Life Insurance Investment Accounting
---Reinsurance Accounting Close:
- Process Improvements, Automation of manual journal entries, close calendar maintenance.
- Reinsurance Calculations and Analysis (Assumed / Ceded Treaties) incl. Loss Reserve Analysis.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues.
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues.
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with RGP's values - loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability, and talent.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- GAAP Accounting for Insurance, Financial Reporting, Corporate Consolidation, SEC Reporting, Reinsurance Accounting, Analysis including of Loss Reserves, Month-End Close Process Management, Process Improvements, Manual Reporting and Journal Entry Automation, Financial Statement Analysis.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge and 5+ years of experience within the Life, Retirement, Annuities Insurance Industry.
- Bachelor's Degree of Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Master's degree or CPA is a big plus.
- Experience with general ledger accounting, month-end close, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
- Strong systems and Data skills utilizing Accounting and Finance systems and Excel
- Excellent communication, client service, and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.