Verily is an Alphabet company combining a data-driven, people-first approach to bring the promise of precision health to everyone, every day.
Our team combines expertise in healthcare, data science and technology to improve the health and well-being of our communities. We are developing the infrastructure and solutions to harness the profusion of health information for good. Our data-driven solutions span three primary areas: research, care and innovation. Programs include Project Baseline - our research initiative to increase participation and evidence generation in clinical research; Onduo - our personalized virtual care platform, which includes connected tools, lifestyle coaching and clinical support; and Debug - our effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases by combining machine learning with sterile insect technique. We're also actively working to combat the spread of COVID-19 through new programs like Healthy at Work. Description
You're a consummate communications guru with a passion for engaging and inspiring employees... you're the "go to" when it comes to launching or creatively communicating a new internal initiative... you're a strong writer equally adept at capturing employee stories and executive voices...and you're a detailed communications strategist who can build and execute a communication plan involving multiple stakeholders. If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk to you! We're looking for an Internal Communications Lead to help build Verily's inclusive culture by helping employees across the organization stay informed about the company's purpose, goals, projects and executive updates through strategic internal and executive communications. You will work across teams including People & Culture (HR), Marketing and Communications and all Lines of Business to build employee awareness, connection and pride in all the ways we're progressing against our purpose of precision health.Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategic internal communications plan for the company, that also informs internal communications within each of our lines of business and functions. Work cross-functionally across teams to execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
- Design and develop employee and executive communications including presentations, announcements, articles and blogs to be delivered across a variety of communications channels.
- Partner with Marketing, Digital and Content to create a content and editorial plan to work across our internal channels (events, newsletters, intranet, etc.).
- Lead employee event design and delivery, including agenda planning, messaging, speaker selection and coordination, logistics and measurement.
- Serve as strategic advisor and partner to build strategic communications plans and drafts to support organizational and HR initiatives and programs. Serve as liaison to other internal communicators across the business, ensuring messages and content are consistent.
- Strategic communications planning: You have experience creating and executing strategic communications plans for internal communications and programs across a variety of channels.
- Writing skills: You have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Speaking skills: You have excellent speaking skills as you may be called on often to give presentations to staff.
- Interpersonal skills: You have good interpersonal and relationship-building skills and know how to proactively work with teams across the business. You maintain confidentiality on sensitive topics and have the ability to interact with senior executives and explain communication recommendations to them.
- Project management experience: You have demonstrated ability to project manage a number of tasks and deliver the project to completion.
While we are hiring for South San Francisco and Boston, we are also considering candidates in Dallas, Boulder, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, New York, Los Angeles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading an internal communication team is preferred. General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial. Prior management of complex projects and advising senior managers is also a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and work in a fast paced organization.