DescriptionThis position offers an optional hybrid work schedule, with three days working in the office and two days working remotely.
Are you looking for a company that seeks ways to expand the value that Infrastructure Operations provides and your work is critical to its success? Do you enjoy being challenged and working alongside a collaborative team using the latest technologies? We are looking for a motivated individual with server administration experience on Linux or Windows OS to join our team as a Systems Engineer.
This position allows you the opportunity to be a key contributor to building IT infrastructure within Great West. Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience with designing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting Linux or Windows OS environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze Linux configurations to effectively install, upgrade, solve technical complex issues, offer alternative solutions, and make timely, logical decisions for problem resolution appropriately based on overall client need.
Who we are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent applicable experience in Information Technology.
- High-energy and independent thinking with the ability to keep up with the challenge of managing multiple projects.
- Ability to perform as a team member as well as an individual contributor.
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
Location: Knoxville, TN or South Sioux City, NE
- Company paid continuing education and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and leaves of absence, including maternity/paternity leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees.
- Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland. Recently selected as the 7th most livable small city in the U.S., Siouxland is home to more than 180,000 residents, offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and more.Great PeopleGreat CareersGreat West Casualty Company