ROLE: Lean Practitioner/Engineer
COMPANY: SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Packaging (Lebanon, PA) is a division of SCHOTT North America and is one of the most respected suppliers of high quality glass tubing containers for parenteral products in North America. SCHOTT PPP offers technological leadership and innovation as well as outstanding customer care for both local and multi-national clients, whether it is packaging for liquid, lyophilized or powder products.
- BS/BA Degree in engineering or relevant field
- Experience with engineering/project management experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with Toyota Production System (TPS) with project engineering/management in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with PowerBI, SharePoint, and MS Office Applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD platforms (AutoCad ® / SolidWorks)
- Ability and willingness to work on call hours and to flex work schedule as required to support 24/7 operations
- Ability and willingness to work in a production floor setting with moderate noise
- Ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, matrix structured organization
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE: The Lean Practitioner assists with the implementation of site goals through lean strategies. Reporting to the Lean Manager, will responsible for promoting a Lean culture through Schott Values and Growth Culture. This includes implementation of projects that support OEE and process improvements through training, lean tools, and methodology.. The Lean Practitioner is expected to:
- Training of Lean tools and methodologies
- Support training department and training coordinators with creating of training matrices, work instructions (JI), and Job Instruction Breakdowns (JIB) through TWI methods.
- Supporting planning, data collection & analysis, moderation, and implementation of workshops and kaizens.
- Support development of Shop Floor Management (SFM) System.
- Support implementation of Best Practices
- Support strategic planning projects through the Hoshin Kanri process
- Work closely with all departments to support Continuous Improvement Process (CIP)
- Support standardization and improvement of processes
- Perform other duties as assigned