Job DescriptionJob Title: Lecturer
Department/School: Physician Assistant Program/ School of Health Sciences and Human Performance Employment: Lecturer
Position Summary: The part-time faculty member reports directly to the Program Director. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Program Director and Director of Didactic Education to ensure cohesiveness of the didactic curriculum by implementing curricula that is in harmony with the educational philosophy of the program.
- Design original or review and modify as appropriate existing curricula to correlate with program defined goals and learning outcomes.
- Responsible for generating and delivering classroom learning experiences and clinical skills instruction within the basic medical and clinical science topics based on the individual's qualifications.
- Responsible for student assessment and remediation in accordance with the program's remediation policy.
- Relative to your course, actively participate in programmatic data gathering and analysis, as well as design and implementation of action plans in response to the analysis.
Master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program; current NCCPA certification with eligibility for licensure in the State of New York;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous clinical precepting or teaching experience for an accredited physician assistant program or medical school is strongly preferred.
- Clinicians new to academia, with at least one year of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant, are encouraged to apply and will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment with active and supportive mentoring and faculty development training.
- Effective communicator
- Competent analytical skills
- Desire to develop as a faculty and leader in PA education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and communicate with diverse students, healthcare professionals and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion to ensure a culture of care
- Passion for physician assistant education
Please submit CV and a cover letter detailing your teaching OR leadership philosophy.
Questions about online applications should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at .
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
All bargaining unit faculty members shall be covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Ithaca College and Services Employees International Union, Local 200United. Part-time or adjunct bargaining unit employees are all part-time faculty employed by Ithaca College at its Ithaca, New York campus including but not limited to faculty in the titles of Lecturer or Adjunct. PA Program Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
The Ithaca College PA Program has a focus on an equity framework that seeks to be representative of all people including those impacted by systemic disadvantages, and marginalization. Course topics, discussions, and activities should enhance the learner's capacity to communicate across differences in productive ways. The skills learned in the PA Program can be applied in the clinical setting, classroom, workplace, in interpersonal relationships, and community environments. The Ithaca College PA Program will provide a safe place for healthy discussions while respecting and caring for each other in the same way we would care for our patients.
For additional information on the College's committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, see:
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.