Don't miss the opportunity to become a part of our Wesley Enhanced Living family! Our community offers individual training and support within a warm and friendly environment. The perk is having fun at work!
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Perform various duties to provide quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning and to coordinate total nursing care for the residents as illustrated by the following:
- Assess residents and analyze obtained information to develop appropriate interventions to prevent decline; record signs of change in condition
- Administer medications and treatments to residents; monitor administration of intravenous fluids; place orders for medication from the pharmacy.
- Assess residents upon admission to develop interim care plan and further assess in depth to contribute to the complete care plan. Update care plans as warranted and required. Attend and participate at Plan of Care meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to emergencies; assess the condition of the resident; decide on the type of medical attention; call appropriate ambulance service if needed; notify family when resident is transferred or admitted to the hospital; notify the physician when a change in condition occurs.
- Confer with residents and families; make referrals to other departments when appropriate.
- Complete employee and resident incident report forms; complete follow-up investigation forms.
- Make rounds to see each resident daily and as needed.
- Maintain accountability for controlled substances; inventory medications at the beginning and end of the shift with another licensed nurse; notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Support the facility's medical supply system; follow procedures for resident charge items.
- Correlate accurate and complete documentation and its impact on reimbursement and federal regulations.
- Communicate status of residents to incoming personnel according to established procedures; communicate with physicians; transcribe, clarify, and implement physicians' orders.
- Supervise the certified nursing assistants and the unit clerk and determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, expedite work flow, evaluate, counsel and discipline.
- Insures that certified nursing assistants and unit clerk and all supervised personnel adhere to standard job requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $37.00 per hour (Shift differentials included)
Some of our benefits include:
- Health Insurance (including prescription and vision)
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plans
- Wellness program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance
- $5,000 in Tuition Reimbursement
- Other generous benefits
Looking to further advance your career? Wesley offers a $5,000 tuition reimbursement program for those seeking an opportunity to develop and grow your skills!
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is a non-profit organization with six senior living communities in the Greater Philadelphia area. Our employees provide excellence in service, innovation to meet ever changing needs, and teamwork to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents. A sense of community has developed from a mutual respect for each other. Our employees are encouraged to share their voice and ideas, so we may enhance our strengths and identify opportunities for continued improvement. Here, you will be able to help shape the future of our organization by cultivating and enhancing our award-winning culture. These are not just words on a page, they represent who we are and what we believe; and we have the recognition to prove it. Together, we can make a difference!
An Equal Opportunity Employer | A Mandatory COVID-19, Booster Influenza Vaccine Employer
Education or Degree Requirement:
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Current license with the State of Pennsylvania for Licensed Practical Nurse.
- CPR Certification