ROLE: Maintenance Engineer
COMPANY: SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Packaging (Lebanon, PA) is a division of SCHOTT North America and is one of the most respected suppliers of high quality glass tubing containers for parenteral products in North America. SCHOTT PPP offers technological leadership and innovation as well as outstanding customer care for both local and multi-national clients, whether it is packaging for liquid, lyophilized or powder products.
- BS/BA Degree in relevant engineering (Mechanical; Electrical; Industrial) or relevant field
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt or higher)
- Experience (1+ years) with project engineering/management in a manufacturing environment
- Experience (1+ years) implementing new manufacturing equipment/processes
- Demonstrated proficiency validating new/modified processes and automated equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency with technical writing
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD platforms (AutoCad ® / Solidworks)
- Ability and willingness to work on call hours and to flex work schedule as required to support 24/7 operations
- Ability and willingness to work in a production floor setting with moderate noise
- Ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, matrix structured organization
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE: The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for project activities related to the development, purchase, fabrication, installation, validation and debugging of new or modified processes and automated equipment.. The Maintenance Engineer is expected to:
- Lead and manage projects in relation to maintenance, reliability or installation of new equipment or retrofitting existing equipment.
- Determine and develop project requirements, specifications, drawings, instructions and related documents.
- Interface and manage equipment vendors during all project phases.
- Develop and lead process validation activities.
- Determine and maintain project schedules
- Initiate and support process and equipment troubleshooting and debugging utilizing systematic problem solving.
- Design and implement processes according to Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Instruct and train employees per established guidelines.
- Follow and ensure adherence of cGMP, HR policies, internal procedures and IMSU/EHS directives in area of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned