Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Madison, WI
Webcrafters, Inc. a Madison area book manufacturing plant is looking to fill a full-time Industrial Electronics Technician position. Candidates would be working alongside Mechanical staff on Printing Press equipment, Book Binding equipment, and other various projects and repair work associated with a manufacturing plant.
- Able to read electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, manuals and understand functionality of the various electrical components.
- Has a working knowledge of the principles of relay logic and control circuits and can troubleshoot and maintain components
- Understands the workings of and can effectively trouble shoot and maintain programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Can successfully use testing equipment to diagnose issues with electrical components.
- Understands the workings of and can effectively trouble shoot AC/DC motor controls.
- Mechanical aptitude/ability to understand, diagnose and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) or more years of field experience preferred
- Intermediate Math and Computer Skills
- Associate degree in Industrial Electronics preferred.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in a team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
Work is performed in a factory environment with regular exposure to paper dust, inks, chemicals, lubricants, noise and heat, and the physical hazards of machinery.
- Walking: Must be able to walk as some tasks require walking.
- Standing: Must be able to stand on a concrete floor, sometimes covered with rubber mats, up to 11.5 hours/day, 3 to 4 days per week, for most tasks.
- Lifting/Carrying: Must be able to frequently lift and carry products up to 50 lbs at varying frequencies.
- Pushing/Pulling: Must be able to occasionally push/pull skids of paper, weighing over 100 lbs., with hand lift trucks on a concrete floor.
- Bending/Twisting: Must be able to bend at the waist, flexing knees, and twist body to perform such tasks as working in folder units and on bindery equipment.
- Climbing: Must be able to climb in, out and around press equipment (such as ladder on folder and on printing units) as needed to perform various tasks.
- Kneeling: Must be able to perform various tasks in a kneeling position for various lengths of time.
- Sitting: Some tasks allow for sitting - usually not for more than one hour/day.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 608-244-3561 or .