In this position, the Manger-Credit Risk and Underwriting will be expected to actively participate in the design, development, and implementation of consumer and commercial strategies that drive incremental credit and facilitate incremental retail sales while balancing portfolio profitability. As a member of the Credit Risk team this role is key to setting underwriting policy both internally and with our banking partners.Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- Identify the need for and evaluate the design of new underwriting strategies that optimize the risk/reward tradeoff between retail sales and portfolio profitability.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting on performance trends and other risk information while providing insight into the drivers of results.
- Assess financial and operational performance of new programs against established goals to determine if programs should be rolled out, modified or discontinued while providing the Director with supporting analytics.
- Oversee the development and execution of detailed project plans, utilizing project management and people management skills to ensure timely completion and flawless execution
- Partner with cross-functional teams for strategy execution
- May include managing a staff of direct reports or associates of financial partner to deliver strategic projects that have P&L implications
Environmental Job Requirements:Environment:
- Reports to Director Credit Risk & Fraud Analytics
- May be accountable for direct supervision of others including selection, professional development, performance management.
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.Travel:
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.Additional Minimum Qualifications:Education Required:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.Years of Relevant Work Experience:
5 yearsCertifications & Licenses:Physical Requirements:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.Additional Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- 3-5 years in Risk Management or related field with experience in portfolio management
- Commercial underwriting experience preferred but not required
- Understanding of credit and behavior scoring models, especially for retail credit products
- Experience in product development and/or project management in credit or financial services preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and mgmt. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and mult-task effectively.
- Judgement and decision-making skills; considering relative costs, benefits of potential actions.