Manufacturing Engineer (Capital Projects)
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation, and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Receives regular supervision. Based on general objectives, assists in development, planning, testing and/or modification of new manufacturing, quality, and/or aftermarket processes, products and/or systems. Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge provides technical support to multiple levels of managers and/or employees over semi-complex issues. Regularly analyzes and evaluates procedures and makes minor modifications as required. Occasionally leads small projects.
- Responsible for following the RNAP (Raymond North America Procedure) for capital projects.
- Responsible for researching and evaluating multiple suppliers or multiple solutions to a problem
- Responsible for collecting data for developing project justification.
- Develops layouts including giving special consideration to material flow through the department or facility.
- Responsible for writing project asset requisitions as well as the ability to present them to the executive team.
- Responsible for managing and implementing multiple capital projects simultaneously including but not limited to:
- Organizing and leading cross functional teams within the facility.
- Communicates often to affected department managers and the Director of Operations.
- Orchestrating and coordinating multiple outside contractors.
- Ensuring that project timelines and activities are moving according to schedule.
- Responsible for phase reviews of the RNAP process and updates of project status to Raymond Corporate
- Receives general and/or objectives from manager and/or higher-level engineers. Assists in development, planning, testing, and/or modification of manufacturing, quality, and/or aftermarket processes, products and/or systems. Leads small projects that are semi-complex in nature (i.e., single factor or limited function analysis, current machine modification, etc.). Expected to bring complex development issues forward to appropriate personnel.
- Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge, provides technical support to 1st level supervisors/managers and/or non-exempt employees to multiple levels of managers and/or employees.
- Regularly analyzes and evaluates procedures and makes minor modifications as required. Receives direction for significant procedure/process changes
- Participates as member on interdepartmental or product design teams.
- Exchanges information with multiple internal departments over a variety of routine and semi-complex design related issues.
- Keeps abreast of innovation in state-of-the-art engineering techniques.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the schedule:
This position is 1 st shift
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, an Engineer in Training (EIT), or a professional license
- 1-3 years engineering experience
- Entry-level for MS Engineering
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries ranging from $60,000 - $80,000 per year
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program