Overview: Transdev is seeking Mechanic A for their facility in Rockland County, NY. Starting salary $40.00/hr Why Work with Us?
- Starting salary $40.00/hour!
- Paid training!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Annual increases!
- State-of-the-art work facility!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great team!
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with Transdev standards
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as required
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit equipment
- For Diesel Mechanic A level: 5+ years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake endorsements (We offer development opportunities for obtaining your license)
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification preferred, however, we offer bonuses to obtain your certifications!
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical diagrams.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a background and a drug test
For more information please visit our website at
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.