Overview: Now Hiring Bus Technicians!
Transdev is actively seeking bus technicians for our location is Grand Rapids, MI. We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to safely inspect, diagnose and repair transit vehicles and equipment to ensure the highest quality transit delivery service to our customers.
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America - one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities we serve.Why work with us?
- Competitive pay starting at $20.00 hourly!
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Benefits
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation & Sick
- Great coworkers!
Responsibilities: What will you do?
- Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new condition by performing high quality maintenance repairs and inspections.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repair on all business related vehicles, to include heavy and light duty equipment.
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Rebuilds engines, transmissions and other components.
- Performs road calls, on-the-road repairs, and road tests as needed.
- Keeps assigned work area clean and organized.
- Maintains DOT card and Class B driver license.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications: What will you need?
- Graduation from a diesel trade school preferred, a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid Class B CDL with Passenger endorsement (or ability to obtain one) and excellent motor vehicle record required
- Ability to pass DOT physical and maintain valid DOT medical certification.
- One to two years' recent bus or heavy-duty truck repair experience.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, and various heavy equipment engines, transmissions, starting and charging systems, air brake systems, electrical systems, and component overhaul procedures required.
- Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related equipment required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals, and accurately complete any necessary reports or other documents.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge.
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a criminal background check
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Due to the possibility of equipment changes (such as through purchases, replacements, etc.), the physical demands listed may require modification from time-to-time without notice. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers to handle small parts, push buttons, reach with hands and arms; use legs and feet to climb ladders and stairs. Must lift 55 pounds from floor to bus; lift/carry 15 lbs up to 100'; push/pull 50 lbs up to 8'; torque 100 lbs. wheel lug; be able to squat; and move the steering wheel and operate pedals freely while seated in bus seat.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, which can be very hot in the summer months and cold during the winter months. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud. Vibrations and fumes or airborne particles may also be present.How we are keeping our employees and customers safe?
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at Laura.Bass@
For more information please visit our website at About us:
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: .cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check