Agency: Department of Human Services
Posting ID: 10-75-3931-29504
Opening Date: 07/29/22
Closing Date/Time: 08/25/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $15,500 - $20,834 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Plan/BU: Term Appointment Gubernatorial (Management Bill) 000
****A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING****
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your application. You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document that is not a Resume or CV.
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire an Illinois licensed Internal Medicine medical professional to provide medical leadership and oversight of the medical services provided at the Shapiro Center in Kankakee. An ideal candidate will support the values and vision of the agency and have passion and an ability to advocate and enable growth in our individuals. The Shapiro Center serves a broad spectrum of individuals with behavioral and medical needs.
- Serves as Medical Director for the Shapiro Center.
- Serves as a full line supervisor.
- Plans and coordinates the delivery of medical and dental services of a team of physicians and health care providers engaged in providing individuals with evaluation, diagnosis and clinical care.
- Develops, plans and implements goals and objectives associated with medical services provided by the center staff and outpatient services and supports for individuals who reside in community settings or other state operated settings.
- Serves as a member of the center's Executive Council and provides input to and/or chairs other center standing and ad hoc committees.
- Serves as Administrator on Duty (AOD) and on a rotating schedule exercising full authority after business hours and weekends, authorizing consent for medical treatment, restraints, etc.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires an Illinois license to practice medicine and an American Board of Medical Specialties certification in Internal Medicine.
- Requires three (3) years of substantive medical administrative experience in the directing, planning and evaluating a medical/clinical program.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
- Three (3) years of professional experience as a physician working with concepts and practices in internal medicine.
- Three (3) years of professional experience managing and evaluating the delivery of medical care, treatment and services.
- Three (3) years, preferably five (5) years, of professional experience recommending changes to medical service program.
- Three (3) years of professional experience working with professional health services, disciplines and program support functions within a comprehensive medical health program.
- Three (3) years of professional experience communicating with both internal and/or external stakeholders daily on medical services.
- One (1) year of professional experience supervising staff in the medical field.
- One (1) year of professional experience performing quality assurance assessments on medical services and treatments provided to patients and/or individuals.
- One (1) year of professional experience providing technical medical training and/or assistance to internal and/or external stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires the ability to travel.
Work Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm, rotating stand by, holiday, weekend coverage
Work Location: 100 E Jeffery St Kankakee, IL 60901-5018
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Agency Contact: Sarah.Raftis@
Job Family: Administration/Management; Health Services; Social Services
About the Agency
Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need all across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
- A Pension Program
- Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
- 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
- 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
- Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
- 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year one of employment)
- 10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement plan
- Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
- Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: .aspx