Tris Pharma, Inc. () is a leading privately-owned biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. with a focus on development and commercialization of innovative medicines that address unmet patient needs. We have more than 150 US and International patents including applications and have marketed several branded and generic products in the U.S., have licensed our products in the US and international markets, and have a robust pipeline of innovative products spanning neuroscience and other therapeutic categories employing our proprietary science and technology.
Our science and technology make us unique, but it is our team members that set us apart; they are the engine that fuels Tris' passion and innovation. Tris colleagues understand the criticality of operating a successful business and take pride in the company's success. But of equal importance to each member of the team is how we interact with one another on a daily basis. We believe in each other and we believe in respectful, open and honest communications to help support individual and team success.
We have a unique opportunity available for an experienced MSL or a highly motivated MD, DO, PharmD, or PhD with clinical and pharmaceutical experience looking to make an impact in a small, but highly visible, Medical Affairs department. Position will cover the CHICAGO REGION. Qualified candidates must live within territory.
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based extension of Medical Affairs where you will leverage your scientific expertise and specialized training to ensure compliant communication and education on company's marketed and emerging product portfolio to meet the educational and professional needs of key customers. The MSL develops and maintains professional relationships with prominent health care professionals (HCPs) and key decision makers. Collaborating closely with the Medical Affairs leadership and various members of the Commercial team, MSL engages in scientific exchanges and enters into strategic discussions as they relate to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) data with HCPs including, but is not limited to: individual physicians and clinicians, researchers, managed markets, medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decisionmakers, and others.
• Conducts scientific exchange in the field with prioritized stakeholders, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Centers of Excellence (COEs), HCPs, patient advocacy groups, and societies in support of Medical Affair's strategies including:
- Supports strategies as directed by medical plans and establish a respected company presence in the neuroscience medical community; Establishes, cultivates, and maintains scientific relationships with stakeholders while developing a strong understanding of regional healthcare systems and clinical practices
- Provides key scientific and clinical education and training on topics related to Medical Affairs strategies, such as appropriate products, disease state, burden of illness, diagnostic scales, etc.
- Supports interactions with investigators and potential investigators in conjunction with ongoing and planned clinical trials and supports the evaluation of Investigator Initiated Research proposals as appropriate
• Participates in development of a customer-centric tactical medical engagement plan to support Medical Affair's strategies including:
- Contributes to the development of a regional specific medical engagement plan for scientific exchange with prioritized stakeholders in support of Medical Affairs strategies
- Conducts regular assessments of new and existing stakeholders to identify appropriate healthcare professionals to interact with as part of the medical engagement plan
• Collaborates with field based Medical colleagues, appropriate Commercial colleagues and across organization to provide scientific expertise and share Medical insights in support of internal and external activities
• Advanced degree in medical/biosciences (i.e., MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, etc.) with minimum 3 years relevant clinical or therapeutic experience REQUIRED
Minimum 1 year MSL experience with primary emphasis on field based scientific exchange PLUS
• Strong broad-based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills REQUIRED
• Excellent level of experience and confidence speaking about drug information/disease state treatment REQUIRED
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations, including Marketing and Sales strategies REQUIRED
• Ability to influence without direct authority REQUIRED
Valid US driver's license and clean driving record REQUIRED
Ability to travel by car and air up to 70% (usually 3 - 4 field days per week occasionally on weekends)
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.