The Medication Technician provides medication services and direct resident care, assist in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents. The Medication Technician assists residents with activities of daily living, housekeeping, laundry, and other daily chores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the daily operation of the medication room and medication services as directed by the Health Services Director (HSD) and in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
2. Processes physician medication and treatment orders in accordance with state regulations and the nurse practice act.
3. Administers and assists with the self-administration of routine and non-routine medications in accordance with physician orders, state regulations, and the nurse practice act.
4. Completes simple treatments and monitors residents as directed by the HSD in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
5. Maintains accurate records of medication and treatment services provided or omitted, including controlled substances, in each resident's clinical record.
6. Coordination with pharmacies for medication orders and refills.
7. Reports all medication errors per policy.
8. Reports and records changes in resident condition, incidents and accidents to HSD, physician and family member as indicated under the direction of the HSD. Completes all incident forms.
9. Routinely communicates with physicians, pharmacies, outside services, residents and families regarding medication and care services.
10. Provides direct resident care while promoting the resident's dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents' physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the HSD, Expressions Director, or Executive Director.
11. Assists with or provides care services as directed by the resident's cooperative service plan.
12. Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, and in a manner that respects dignity, confidentiality standards, and promotes individual rights.
13. Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
14. Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at mealtime, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
15. Assists in lifting, moving and transporting residents using proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by the resident's cooperative service plan.
16. Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers and coordinates personal care services with coworkers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
17. Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures per policy and state regulations.
18. Properly stores medications and equipment and keeps the medication room clean and orderly.
19. Removes outdated or discontinued medications to return to the pharmacy or disposal per policy.
20. Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment, and Trust.
2. Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors, and staff.
3. Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, team members, the department/center/community, and company information and records.
4. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
One or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred or as required by state regulations. Must hold state required medication pass certification or other required certification, complete state required delegation and/or training requirements, and successfully complete the medication pass competency. Must have word processing skills. Must have current CPR certification, First Aid training, and Food Handlers permit as required by state regulations. Must complete all state required trainings as necessary.
High school diploma or GED or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise topersonally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on ourcore values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at thecenter of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforcethat represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures,backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and howwe celebrate what makes us different.
Prestige is proud to be an EqualEmployment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race,religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, orrelated medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Inadherence with the State's COVID-19 mandate for health care workers, PrestigeCare team members are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including abooster shot if eligible, as an condition of employment, unless a team memberqualifies and receives an approved religious or medical exemption.
Information About Prestige Assisted Living at Chico
Located at 1351 E. Lassen Avenue in Chico, CA, PrestigeAssisted Living at Chico has 51 apartments of assisted living, as well as 16units of memory care.
If you are looking for the highest quality of healthcarecommunities or care centers to work for, you won't find anyone better in thelocal area. PAL at Chico has enjoyed a string of unbelievably high performance.In 2018, it was one of only a small handful of state of Californiacommunities/care centers to win the "Bronze" award through the American HealthCare Association/National Center for Assisted Living. Then in 2019, it won the "Silver"award through the same agency, in addition to achieving a deficiency-free survey through the state of California.
The community has an award-wining memory care family, atrue home/family-like feel and some terrific longevity in our staff. There is astrong commitment to a coaching and democratic leadership style at Chico soteam members are empowered to come to work, learn, and offer the best in care.
We offer a fun and family-like atmosphere where all teammembers create a bond with each other, and most importantly, our residents. Allof our team members act with our core value of integrity, trust, commitment,and respect in mind and do whatever we can to be the best caregivers we can be.
If working in a home-like setting, with a strong teamatmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a greatpromote-from-within culture, then Prestige Assisted Living at Chico is theplace for you.
Who Is Prestige Care/Prestige Senior Living?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing +post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communitiesin 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members whoserve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personallytouching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment,and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment tocareer development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can helpyou achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career atPrestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment whereyour work truly matters at the end of every day.