Please reference the schedule and minimum qualifications listed below before applying.
If you need assistance with filling out our application form or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify our Human Resources Team at option 1 or email and every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.Job Summary
This position can be located at our Fort Union, Cottonwood, Millcreek, Cottonwood, Murray, Holladay, Sandy or Park City locations.
A MEO acts as a universal employee able to handle and administer all branch operations and systems in a very proficient manner.Job DescriptionLOCATIONS
This position is for the following branch:
SCHEDULE Please specify on application questionnaire which shifts you CAN work
- Fort Union
- Park City
Part Time Schedules (20-25 hours/week)
- AM Shift: Monday - Friday 8:45am - 2:15pm; Rotating Saturdays 8:45am - 2:15pm
- Mid-day Shift: Monday - Friday 10:45am - 4:15pm; Rotating Saturdays 8:45am - 2:15pm
- PM Shift: Monday - Friday 12:45pm - 6:15pm; Rotating Saturdays 8:45am - 2:15pm
Full Time Schedule
- Monday - Friday 8:45am - 6:15pm; Rotating Saturdays 8:45am - 2:15pm
At Mountain America, we are committed to taking care of all our employees.
- Starting competitive pay that can increase depending on experience, plus incentives
- Performance reviews with opportunities to increase compensation
- Excellent medical and dental benefits with minimal employee contribution (full time employees)
- Paid time off, volunteer time off, and paid holidays
- Matching 401K
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development
- And more!
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Provides quality service (AAA) to members and potential members
- Follows-up (222) member interactions with thank you notes and phone calls
- Prepares and disburses loans within lending limits and credit union guidelines
- Complies with all regulations as required by law, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, FACT Act, GLBA, Regulation CC (funds availability), Regulation DD (TIS) and other regulations as required by law as it relates to his/her position
- Acts as a liaison to Business Services
- Completes annual product knowledge, Membership and Loan Training
- Completes credit analysis and recommendations
- Represents the credit union in a professional manner while dealing with members and potential members.
- Handles all transactions with accuracy and courtesy, while maintain privacy and security.
- Fulfills member requests for products and services while looking for ways to grow member relationships and accomplish credit union objectives.
- Reaches out to the community through outbound phone calls and by attending SEG events.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Ability to satisfy immediate and unexpected needs, by recommending credit union products and services with knowledge and confidence. Ability to multi-task and maintain composure while handling all member activities and requestsExperience
At least one year of retail banking or related sales experienceEducation
HS diploma or equivalentLicenses, Certificates, Registrations, Trainings
To be completed during the first 60 days:
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- MAU MSR Certification Package, MAU Teller Branch Checklist, MAU Products & Services MAU
- Teller Follow-up Training, MAU MSR Sales Certification
- Annual FSR Certification
- Items to be completed generally during the first 6 months:
- New Account Training
- IRA Training
- Loan Training
- Loan Follow-up Training
- MAU Annual Learning Plan
- Notary Public
- NMLS Certification
- Must be able to qualify annually as a Mortgage Loan Originator under S.A.F.E Act Registration
- Basic computer operating skills
- Beginner to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute preferred
- Symitar experience preferred
Have no supervisory/managerial responsibilitiesOther Skills and Abilities
PHYSICAL ABILITIES / WORKING CONDITIONSPhysical Demands
- Thorough knowledge of credit union policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to prepare loan documents and cross-sell financial services of the credit union to ensure quality service.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal communication
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently
Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionallyVision Requirements
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)Weight Lifted or Force Exerted
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionallyEnvironmental
There are no unusually environmental factorsNoise Environment
Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Mountain America Credit Union is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.