West Fraser is looking for a Mobile Mechanic for our Newberry, SC Mill. This position offers a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our team. Job duties will fall within our Mobile Shop department. This position requires an individual who will perform a variety of tasks related to the safe and efficient application of the technical skills and knowledge of a Heavy Duty Mechanic. Duties involve the repair and maintenance of industrial equipment such as: Log loaders, Wheel Loaders, Forklifts and other mobile equipment used in the manufacture of lumber. Continually ensuring the quality and standards of service to safety and production must be maintained.
What you will do:
- Troubleshoot, Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, technical manuals, and technical drawings.
- Familiar with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical properties
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical faults and read trouble codes
Skills and experience you will need:
- Minimum High School or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- A combination of higher education and experience will be taken into consideration
- Eligible to legally work in the United States without employer sponsorship
- Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as required
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
- Consistent, predictable attendance