$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
As a mobile radiologic technologist supervisor, you'll:
Use a company vehicle equipped with a compact, portable x-ray machine (DR), and drive locally to x-ray patients in different facilities throughout your shift to support patient populations from adults, geriatrics, women, and children. You'll also utilize EKGs, Holter Monitors, and Pace Maker Checks. If you are looking for a dynamic work experience with more freedom and flexibility than in a traditional hospital or clinic x-ray department, then a career move here is for you. Supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
Your day-to-day experience as a mobile radiologic technologist will include:
- Travel by vehicle to perform portable x-rays and EKG exams in a variety of settings, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, correctional institutions, residential homes, and other patient locations.
- Determine proper electronic and technical factors based on patient needs.
- Follow ALARA principles for reducing radiation exposure.
- Prepare accurate physician and patient orders and transmit reading as required in a timely manner.
- Set, adjust, and operate a variety of electronic equipment to obtain diagnostic images to include EKG's and Holter Monitor.
- Ensure the equipment is available and in working order (in the vehicle) prior to shift start and shift end.
- Assist with order taking, validation of studies, communication with reading radiologists, customer call-backs, and other administrative and customer support functions as directed.
- When Director is unavailable, supervises staff in his/her area to assure that exams are completed and results are communicated to facilities in a timely manner.
- Must be available 24/7 when Director is out.
- Communicates and addresses issues with nursing facility, staff and or patients as necessary and reports such issues to his/her supervisor.
- Assists Director to ensure vehicles and equipment are available and in working order for the staff.
- Assists Director with X-ray machine inspections.
- When Director is unavailable, makes sure the staffing is sufficient, if not, he/she fills the vacancies as needed.
- Assures that staff complying with OSHA regulations.
- Counsels employees as necessary and reports such to Director.
To qualify as a mobile radiologic technologist, you must meet all state-specific and federal requirements for training, education, competency, certification, and state license to perform portable x-rays, including one or more of the following:
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license with a good driving record
- Completion of a 24-month approved radiological technology program or equivalent
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.)
- License or certification through the state where procedures are performed
About DispatchHealth, Professional Portable X-Ray (PPX), and Dynamic Mobile Imaging (DMI) DispatchHealth is building the world's largest in-home care system to deliver trusted and compassionate care to all. DispatchHealth offers on-demand acute care and an advanced level of medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own homes. DispatchHealth's emergency medicine and internal medicine trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers, health systems, EMS, employer groups, and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays and readmissions. Acute Care medical teams are available seven days a week, evenings, and holidays and can be requested online or a quick phone call. DMI and PPX radiologic technologists travel locally to diagnose patients in their own homes or at a facility. As the premiere provider of portable digital x-rays, ultrasounds, EKGs, holter monitors, echocardiograms, and dopplers we pride ourselves on having superior digital technology which allow for expedited care. Home health care services are becoming increasingly common, and this is a great opportunity to become part of one of the fastest growing mobile imaging companies in the country.
Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.