The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life's uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you'll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
The Print Operator will be responsible for all in-house print operations in support of Protective daily business operations, as needed. The Print Operator will ensure quality of print products prior to distribution to internal and external customers, application developers, and the mail room. The Print Operator will perform minor maintenance in support of designated print resources, and place service calls to vendors to ensure timely resolution of maintenance issues the print operator is not trained or able to resolve. They will ensure adequate stock of forms and paper are on hand to meet print requirements, and notify the team technical lead when supplies reach specified levels. The Print Operator is an individual contributor and will not have any direct reports. They will report to the Network Operations Center Manager.Job Functions
Work Experience, Education, Certification/Training Required
- Complete daily print operations. Set-up and operate Digital Printers and all other production equipment in accordance with instructions. Conscientious and consistent effort to quickly and accurately complete each task and/or job to the company's productivity standard. Receives, processes, and maintains orders for print services from mainframe computer systems, individuals, departments, and prioritize work assignments based on such criteria as customer needs, work load and machine capabilities. Process PDF files that come in via FTP, e-mail, delivery, walk in, or other method. Locate, validate and upload production files. Estimate, schedule and track incoming production jobs; inform team lead of requests that can't be met. Track and report wasted impressions.
- Ensure Print Quality. Complete daily quality control log. Accurately document voided checks. Inspect finished work for sharpness, density of line, position, count and sizes, and problem areas including fonts, image resolution and image registration.
- Maintain Orderly Work Area and Perform Minor Maintenance. Perform minor repairs and some routine equipment maintenance. Clean, organize, and maintain production environment and equipment.
- Maintain Adequate Supplies and Inventory. Maintain appropriate supply inventory. Retrieve and load correct stock. Notify team Technical Lead if supplies fall below specified levels. Monitor stock within production area and initiate timely requests for replenishment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years' experience preferred
- Digital and print industry experience preferred
- Experience with Xerox Nuvera printers preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to remain calm and reasonable amidst tense or stressful situations.
- Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to accurately understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to multi-task, highly organized, detail oriented and demonstrate self-initiative.
- Have basic mathematic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing during the entire shift.
- Should have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently work with co-workers and take orders from superiors.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers and vendors
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective's platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company's benefit plans.Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.