Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists - increasing collaboration and care coordination - all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology. The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac care, offering heart disease prevention, treatment, surgery and research. We received top performer recognition by The Joint Commission for performance on evidence-based care processes for the treatment of heart attack, and were recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association as a Get with the Guidelines® - Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award winner in 2016.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute is seeking an Electrophysiology Advanced Practitioner to join a quickly growing team. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will work in an ambulatory setting and will be responsible for evaluation of new patients with various cardiac rhythm problem, assessing and managing arrhythmia patients, pre-admission testing for cardiac EP procedures, cardiac implantable electronic device (CIED) checks, and remote monitoring for CIEDs. Facilitating work up and therapeutic procedures including cardiac implanted electronic devices-CIEDs- (pacemakers and implantable defibrillators) and catheter ablation procedures. Initiate patient care meetings with the health care team to revise the plan of care as the patient's condition warrants. Participate in total quality management to positively affect patient and system outcomes to improve care. This opportunity will involve working in multiple locations throughout CT.
Schedule: Monday through Friday with no call.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Supportive team environment with thorough on-boarding
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Well run, efficient clinical and administrative business operations in a growing and financially secure organization.
- EPIC EMR
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master's program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
- Cardiology experience preferred
- Cardiac device management experience highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.