Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
night time time 7p - 7a , 12 shifts a month
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut for 2013 - 2014 by US News & World Report. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University.
Nurse Practitioner (APRN) Role Scope
Saint Vincent's Medical Center is seeking a nurse practitioner (APRN) to join a strong, cohesive and collaborative team of Critical Care Intensivists. The successful candidate will provide holistic, high quality care to a very diverse group of critically ill patients admitted to a mixed medical surgical critical care unit. Working within a cohesive multidisciplinary care team, the nurse practitioner will provide daytime coverage.
With your comprehensive knowledge of acute / critical care conditions, diagnostics & treatments, you will be expected to diagnose, treat, and manage acute & chronic diseases, perform procedures, order and interpret diagnostic tests, speak to patients & families about their conditions, communicate effectively and collaborate with a variety of consultants.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare's Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Minimal 1 year of experience as an APRN within critical care, intensive care, emergency medicine, or equivalent experience
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.