Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. The Division of General Surgery at Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is a leading provider of comprehensive General Surgery resources in New England. The practice is recognized for its expertise, quality personalized care, and experience in the use of leading-edge techniques such as minimally-invasive surgery
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
The Acute Care Surgery Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will work in an ambulatory and inpatient setting as a part of a team of physicians and APPs who specialize in Acute Care, General Surgery, Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery, Complex Abdominal Wall and Hernia Disease and foregut procedures.
- Patient management will include new patient consults, short- and long-term post-operative follow up, inpatient transition of care rounding with attending, patient discharge and coordination of patient care across multiple disciplines.
- In addition, a percentage of patient management is comprised of in-office procedures including skin and soft tissue mass excisions, incision and drainages and complex wound care.
- This opportunity includes patient care at our various satellite offices in the East Region.
- Additional responsibilities will include assisting with system quality initiatives.
General Surgery Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
- Schedule of 5 8's between M-F
- The opportunity to work with highly complex surgical patients in an ambulatory setting, developing long-term relationships with patients and their families across the continuum of care
- Supportive and collaborative relationships with the physicians as well as a well-tenured APP team
- Comprehensive orientation and on-going educational opportunities to ensure you're always practicing with the most cutting edge technology
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master's program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant, or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Certification in ATLS
- Previous surgical experience in plastics, general, or colorectal surgery preferred
We take great care of careers
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.