Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Congestive Heart Failure / Cardiology - Bridgeport
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most integrated healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity available for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team at St. Vincent's Medical Center, in Bridgeport, CT. This position will involve inpatient care of Congestive Heart Failure patients.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Congestive Heart Failure Nurse Practitioners autonomously manage a patient panel of recently discharged and chronic acute exacerbation patients in an outpatient ambulatory clinic setting
- The Nurse Practitioner will provide direct care to patients in the inpatient setting in collaboration with physicians, the Heart Failure Nurse Navigator and the Congestive Heart Failure Clinic.
- They will be a part of an inter-disciplinary team caring for admitted patients in the hospital.
- Responsibilities include monitoring of heart failure patients, collaborating with cardiologists, and educating patients about heart failure.
- Competitive compensation package
- Shifts: Full time - 40 hours- Monday through Friday. No weekends, no call.
- St. Vincent's cardiac program is recognized regionally and nationally for innovation and outstanding clinical results. The Heart Failure Program has achieved Gold Plus and Target HF awards from the American Heart Association for the Get With the Guidelines Program. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University
- We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare's Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners, and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiology and vascular care specialists - increasing collaboration and care coordination - all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology. The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac and peripheral vascular care. We received top performer recognition by The Joint Commission for performance on evidence-based care processes for the treatment of heart attack, and were recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association as a Get with the Guidelines® - Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award winner.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Heart & Vascular Institute at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, provider-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE LIFE IN YOUR LIFE apply today!
Eligibility to be licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Connecticut is required. Eligibility to be certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP), or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) is required. Experience practicing as an Advanced Practitioner is required. Cardiology and/or Congestive Heart Failure experience highly preferred.