Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Medicine
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 125 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. Backus is home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and is the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. The Hospital delivers and coordinates a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of its communities.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. The advanced practitioner will be dedicated to the management of ED patients with anticipated stays of 24-36 hours, as well as ED-admitted inpatient holds. This individual will also assist in the department of Hospital Medicine to provide direct medical care to patients requiring hospitalization. They chart medical history, assess health status, diagnose any potential issues, and work with physicians and other health professionals to provide high-quality care. Additional responsibilities may include procedures such as central lines and paracentesis/thoracentesis.
Schedule: Days, Monday - Friday. No call or weekends
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare, newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare's Professional Leadership Development Institute
- Credentialing privileges for Backus and Windham Hospital
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master's program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or Acute Care Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered
- Preferably two years of experience as hospitalist and/or previous extensive experience as Nurse or PA in an inpatient setting
- Preferably two years of experience as an advanced practitioner within both surgical and medical settings
- Strong clinical acumen, the ability to adapt quickly and help develop best practices in this position, and to get along well with ED and Hospitalist providers.
We take great care of careers
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Applicants should remit a letter of interest and CV to Jonathan Nye, Physician Recruiter, via email at [email protected] or call (860) 657-6087. For more information about Hartford HealthCare and our region, please visit .