Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new growth opportunity for an Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, to join our cohesive team to provide value based care to patients in a practice based setting in Norwich, CT, which is ideally located close to the picturesque Connecticut and Rhode Island Shoreline, and Mystic Seaport.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Oncology Physician Assistant's and Nurse Practitioners provide value based care in an ambulatory setting, and will be involved in triage and the spectrum of outpatient management: urgent visits, chemotherapy pre-treatment visits, bone marrow aspirations, overseeing infusion follow up appointments, and ongoing survivorship care
- A day time schedule Monday through Friday with no weekends!
- Additional sites in New London county may be included too
- The opportunity to assist in building a comprehensive cancer program
- A close knit group with a common goal of delivering compassionate and quality care to cancer patients
- A supportive work environment with approachable physicians that love to help provide mentorship and training
- The opportunity to be involved in provider committees, system wide initiatives, and system wide Cancer Institute meetings
- Opportunities for professional advancement and trainings through Hartford HealthCare's unique relationship with Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement
- Access to HHC's Provider Leadership Development Institute
- Eligibility to apply for Public Service Loan Foreignness
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) Cancer Institute is a fully certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. The MSK Cancer Alliance is an initiative designed to establish partnerships between MSK and local care providers. Through the open collaboration that is facilitated by these partnerships, community cancer caregivers are in a better position to provide state of the art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering stay ahead of cancer.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Cancer Institute at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Oncology Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER apply today!
Eligibility to be licensed in Connecticut as a Physician Assistant (PA), or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), is required. Eligibility to be certified as a Physician Assistant (PA), or National Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), or Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) is required. Oncology experience as a PA, NP, or RN is preferred.