Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Weekdays only, no call, ask about a 4-day patient care work schedule!
Hartford HealthCare is seeking an experienced, full-time, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join an established and very well-regarded, multi-provider, primary care practice in the town of West Hartford, CT.
- Internal Medicine - Primary Care (patients aged 18+)
- Full-time, weekdays only (ask about a 4 day/week patient care schedule option!)
- No weekends, no evenings
- No phone call for an excellent work-life balance
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: PRIDE in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Primary Care Team at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated health care system in CT offers MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice alongside nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy:
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership and licensure
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare's Professional Leadership Academy
Advanced Practitioner (APP) Role Scope:
Under established guidelines and in collaboration and/or supervision with the practice physician(s), performs routine physical examinations, and formulates medical, educational, and psychosocial plans to treat patient. In consultation with the physician(s), develops plan for further evaluation of health needs, e.g., referral to other health team members or specialists. Provide appropriate treatment for problems within scope of a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician assistant (PA) practice as designated by protocols. Identifies problems outside of APRN or PA scope of practice and refers appropriately to physician.
- At least two years of post-graduate experience as a Nurse Practitioner or PA
- Unrestricted State of Connecticut medical license (or eligible)