Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital.
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Role Scope
Provides quality, holistic and cost-effective advanced practice care for patients, families, and others in the vascular and thoracic surgical population and participates in the surgical and medical management of patients to achieve and/or maintain optimal health status, manage disease and reduce risk of illness. Duties will include, patient management and crisis intervention on the surgical and critical care units primarily including, but not limited to, the vascular surgery patient population, as well as discharge planning, and in-patient and emergency department consultations. This position may require assistance in the operating room. 40 hour position requires day, evening, night, and weekend coverage flexibility. Premium Differentials Offered!
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Extremely competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare's Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare's Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master's program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.