Description *$10,000 sign on bonus to those qualify*Facility
: Medical Center of the Rockies (Loveland, CO)Department
: MCR Operating Room
- Full Time
- Associates degree in nursing is required. BSN preferred.At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.Summary:
Provides direct patient care in a surgical setting at a proficient level, in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Monitors and manages the patient and operative environment before, during and after surgery to maintain a safe environment, optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.Job Duties:
- Performs circulating functions before surgery, including preparing the operating environment, orienting and assessing the patient, and reviewing patient's medical record and surgeon's notes to ensure all pre-requisites and preferences are net. Ensures safety checklists and procedures are implemented and documented at all times.
- Performs circulating functions during surgery, including monitoring and communicating patient condition, documenting interventions and activities, monitoring the sterile field and controlling traffic into, out of and around the room.
- Performs scrub functions, including the preparation, selection, and handling of instruments and supplies used during the surgical procedure and performs surgical counts with the circulating nurse.
- Provides nursing care to a complex, high acuity surgical patient population in a technically complex environment.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program. Preferred: BSN
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- 6 months of OR nursing or completion of the UCHealth Fellowship program.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
The pay range for this position is: $33.08 - $51.27 / hour
. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.