Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Madison, WI
As one of the leading print and publishing service providers in the nation, Sheridan prints everything from best-selling books to textbooks, prestigious medical and scientific journals to bibles, popular magazines and catalogs, and so much more. We also create digital content and offer an array of solutions that simplify customers' workflows.
The Operator Trainee performs a variety of physical tasks, some involving repetitive work and light machine operations. You will be completing jobs like sorting, lifting, placing, gathering, collating, inserting, stacking and packing printed materials which when assembled will produce finished books, periodicals, etc. ready for shipment.
- Be able to set up and run machines according to the job specifications. While also being able to follow all safety, quality, productivity, and other processes.
- Supervise crews for safety, quality control, productivity and other production related activities as assigned by the shift supervisor.
- Perform preventative maintenance measures as assigned.
- Perform General Worker duties when not assigned to set-up or run equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safety - Complies with OSHA regulations and company safety policies. Monitors for safety hazards and reports any safety-related concerns.
- Supervises productivity, safety, and quality of work of crew while working on a piece of equipment.
- Must be able to understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions.
- Proven mechanical ability with ability to do basic math.
- Ability to troubleshoot when a piece of equipment is not functioning.
- Ability to lift 20-40 pounds and stand for 8+hour shifts.
- Ability to work weekends as required.
- Must work cooperatively with others and have solid communication skills.
- Some factory experience operating machines is preferred.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 608-244-3561 or .