Are you ready to join a fun, friendly, and family-oriented team!? We are looking for a FT medical assistant to join our team at Desert Orthopedics. If you have a great attitude, love a fast-paced work environment, and care about patients, we're willing to train you!
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the Praxis Health family is so special. Please click here: https://youtu.be/MrNWtn42prY
Qualified candidates will have a collaborative, team spirit and a willingness to support the needs of our patients as well as the goals of the job and the team. In this role, you will work in collaboration with the healthcare team to assist physicians/providers in the delivery of exceptional patient care.
- Must have an aptitude to learn and love to work in the field of healthcare
- Must be someone who thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, be highly organized, and detail oriented
- Experience with electronic medical records is a plus
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, and on top of this, you will work with a talented group of providers, professionals and co-workers who are dedicated to the highest standards of quality care. The family of providers within the Praxis Health values those we provide for and we value our employees.
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
Essential Job Functions
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screening per provider guidelines; assisting providers/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately;
Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocols; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
Fulfills the organizations responsibilities as assigned including; respecting and promoting patient's rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Fulfills medical scribe duties as assigned that may involve remaining in the exam room alongside the provider and providing accurate, relevant documentation within the electronic medical record; thoroughly documenting the medical visit and procedures along with the chief complaint, medical history, physical exam, past surgical history, patient education and explanation of risks and benefits, provider dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions.
Fulfills clinical Medical Assisting responsibilities that vary according to state law, which may include medical/surgical asepsis; checking vital signs or measurements; physical examination preparations, clinical pharmacology; drug administration through various routes including injections; prescription verifications with physician's orders; applying dressings and suture removal; bio hazard waste disposal and monitoring; therapeutic modalities; instructing patients with assistive devices, body mechanics and home care; laboratory procedures including Occupations Safety and Health Administrations (OSHA) guidelines; quality control methods; CLIA-waived testing; specimen handling such as urine, throat, vaginal, stool, and sputum; emergency triage and first aid. Medical Assistants must adhere to the MA scope of practice in the laboratory.
Reliable attendance and presence at work.
At this time, Praxis Health is required to mandate the COVID-19 vaccination for all employees and this will be required as a condition of employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, reasonable accommodations will be fairly considered.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Medical Assisting diploma from an accredited vocational institution, a community college program in medical assisting.
- Appropriate certificate indicating passing grade for specific specialty if working in specialty departments; e.g., pediatric medical assistant exam.
- Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical office or hospital setting preferred.
- Experience with Electrocardiogram (EKG), taking vital signs, venipuncture, capillary and giving injections.
- Current BLS certification preferred.
- Current health records with the appropriate immunization to work in the health care field (Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis).
Praxis Health is a family of medical groups providing high quality healthcare throughout the state of Oregon. Our community-based clinics are the DNA of our business, providing better medicine, advocacy for our patients, and a satisfying and collaborative culture for our providers and staff.
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not big box health care, but rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well as patient needs.
We have been serving communities across the beautiful and adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we are pioneers and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to innovative and operational excellence has allowed us to create healthcare solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, bend and twist as needed. Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside the office, throughout the day.
Work Environment: Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings.
This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.