Zeeland Lumber & Supply, a Division of US LBM is Seeking a Outside Sales Representative for our Grand Rapids, MI location.
We are looking for a Outside Sales Representative to add to our team. We're a people first company that's passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now to join.
What you should know about working at Zeeland Lumber & Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on, and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We're built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Outside Sales Representative:
- Sales focused with a confidence in approaching and acquiring new customers
- Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information
- Prepares, coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors.
- Meeting regularly with vendors to examine new products and providing recommendations for product and inventory.
- Work with job site supervisors
- Resolves customer complaints and problems
- Assists in the collection of accounts receivable
- Flexibility to work at a variety of locations including job sites
- Adaptability in a fast paced environment where priorities can be redirected
- Seeking and developing relationships with builders, remodelers, associations, and other business partners
- Setting and achieving benchmarks for new customer acquisition and increasing sales
- Informs company of competitive prices, products and area-related information
- Other duties as assigned by location management
Successful candidates for this role will have:
- Strong communication skills and are customer focused
- Ability to articulate deadlines, expectations, and needs with customers, vendors, and managers
- Ability to perform tasks and manage time with minimal oversight in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment where priorities can be redirected
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
Outside Sales Representative Requirements:
- Knowledge. 3 year of sales experience in building materials.(Preferred)
- Special Skills. Working knowledge of building materials industry and products, ability to negotiate prices and contractual agreements. Commitment to providing excellent customer service, strong oral and written communication skills. Maintenance of professional demeanor. Must be detail oriented and highly observant. Must be able to multi-task. Must possess good mathematic skills.
- Special Knowledge. 2020 software design skills and estimating from blueprints, ability to use calculator and computer
- Excellence. Must have an excellent attendance history with a work ethic to match
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days)
- DailyPay, Get paid DAILY.
- The Good. 401(k) with company match
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Zeeland Lumber & Supply.
Zeeland Lumber & supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our company is currently subject to the OSHA ETS. As a result, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or face covering requirements and possibly weekly testing in the future.