Overnight Emergency Veterinarian: $200,000+ salary plus sign-on bonus!
New York Description
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital is seeking a full time, internship or equivalent trained, emergency veterinarian to join our team in New York City.
We have four state-of-the-art hospitals, in three boroughs of NYC. This position is for an exclusively overnight schedule to avoid adapting to day/swing/overnight transitions! The ideal candidate would work out of a primary or multiple locations with direct access to multiple specialties.
This position pays $200,000.00+ salary and sign on bonuses are available for successful appl!
Our NY hospitals offer a variety of daytime and weekend specialty services, depending on the location, and support advanced patient care with the focus on providing excellent medical quality. Surgical and endoscopic experience is welcome, but not a requirement. Overnight ER clinicians are responsible for managing in-patients in partnership with the ER/CC team and other specialists while also receiving ER cases as needed.
Additional benefits of being an ER clinician in our BluePearl hospitals include access to IM/CC doctors on nights and weekends via telehealth, access to BluePearl's Pet Hospice team, learning and training programs including routine wetlabs focused on ER skill development, use of medical record efficiency tools and scribe services, and peer-peer collaboration in a supportive environment rich with opportunities designed to practice high-quality medicine while targeting sustainable professional growth and satisfaction. Perks to living in the NYC area:
- New York City is home to the worlds major commercial, financial, and cultural centers.
- Love sports? You have plenty of NY teams to root for including the Yankees, Mets, Jets, Giants, Knicks, Islanders and Rangers!
- Love to eat? NYC is famous for its pizza, pastrami sandwiches, cheesecake, hots dogs, bagels, and black & white cookies!
- New York might be a bustling city, but there are plenty of parks in which to run, walk and bike, including iconic Central Park, Washington Square Park, the High Line and Prospect Park.
- Explore all NYC has to offer with a public transportation system that cannot be beat!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.