Paralegal - Real Estate Finance About The Organization
Winthrop & Weinstine is a business law firm of more than 150 attorneys with a deliberate culture of enterprise and fresh thinking. Located in the heart of Minneapolis and with a national reach, we deliver service, smart perspectives and practical outcomes to put the law to work for our clients. At Winthrop & Weinstine, we work together energetically and creatively to achieve our goals. We are committed to dealing with one another fairly, respectfully and honestly to create a healthy stable and collegial organization. Every person in the firm is an integral part of the client service team and contributes to the firm's, and our clients', success. Join our nimble force and put the law to work. Learn more at .EOE Statement
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Description
- Prepare and file organizational documents.
- Coordinate signatures for closings.
- Handle title and survey review.
- Draft initial drafts of loan documents and amendments to loan documents.
- Draft closing instruction letters.
- Review due diligence including Uniform Commercial Code searches, organizational documents and insurance certificates.
- Update closing checklists and monitor due diligence sites.
- Act as a liaison between attorney and client, facilitating communication and transmittal of necessary information.
- Bachelor's degree, paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience in a legal setting.
- Three years of real estate or lending experience, preferably in a law firm setting or financial institution.
- Make independent and critical decisions regarding exchange of information with client, file management and delegation of responsibilities.
- Skill with interpersonal relationships and ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and outside contacts.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work according to timelines and importance of tasks, and following assignments through to completion.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure with deadlines.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.