PAPE' RENTS - CLACKAMAS, OR
PARTS SALES COUNTERPERSON:
Position will respond to customer needs for parts in person or by telephone at the store location. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determining customers parts needs through use of literature, computer programs and parts knowledge.
- Recommending parts or service to customers.
- Maintaining relationships with established customers and building relationships with potential customers.
- Maintaining knowledge of products, services and parts and the associated costs of each.
- Completing all necessary paperwork on each transaction in an accurate timely manner.
- Responding to customers in person or by telephone whenever required and providing quotes or estimates for parts.
- Processing credits, making adjustments, and monitoring for restocking charges on all parts sales completed.
Must be self-motivated, assertive and have excellent customer relations skills. Prior history with counter sales or parts inventory preferred. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with customers by telephone and in person, in an effort to sell company parts and other services. Good computer skills and basic familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and various search engines is required. Successful candidate must possess the ability to multitask and the ability to learn internal computer systems.
Why work for Pape':
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including - 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs
- Advancement - Pape' is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation - Pape' is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 130 locations, over 3,600 members and 80 plus years of experience. Pape' is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment - We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact - Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training - You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
The Pape' Group maintains a drug-free workplace and as such, requires candidates to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)