At Henderson, we're about more than just buildings.
We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in higher education, sports & venue, healthcare, grocery, restaurant and retail.It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering and buildings. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.So what will you be doing all day? You would join us in our Lenexa, KS office as a Payroll Specialist working on things like
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you have...
- Coordinates and processes bi-weekly payrolls including, but not limited to, entering data in applicable systems, timesheet review/maintenance, calculating wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording voluntary deductions, processing wage withholdings, levies and garnishments, running and reviewing audit reports and payroll reports, creating manual checks and serving as the payroll liaison with the external payroll service
- Responds to payroll-related inquiries as presented by employees (i.e., direct questions) or on behalf of employees when authorized (e.g., employment verification and earnings, etc.)
- Organizes and coordinates NCEES records and the renewal process for employees' professional licensures and state COA's.
- Facilitates the organization of all new Professional Engineering licenses, maintaining the online education system, registering new employees and assisting with course enrollment and tracking continuing education
- Tracks employee PE license continuing education credits
- Completes audits when requested by the state
- Follows up with employees regarding continuing education requirements.
- Keeps others informed conveying information clearly and with an appropriate level of detail
- Listens attentively to others and takes an interest in what they have to say
- Responds openly to others encouraging honest, productive communication
- Delivers on client expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- Minimum of three (3+) years of payroll processing experience required
- Previous experience processing payroll for 300+ employees preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Multitasking abilities
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able to work with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Must be team-oriented, flexible, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Previous experience with UKG and Deltek Vision accounting software strongly preferred
- Familiarity with payroll software/HRIS
- General knowledge of payroll wage and tax concepts and coordination and calculation of garnishments
- Good research and analysis skills
- Compliance knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Willingness to take initiative
Anticipated salary range for this position may be $47,000-$55,000
Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, or disability. Salary can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor statistical differentials.Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.Culture
Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)Benefits
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We'll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We've got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We've got your family covered, too.)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment
All offers will be contingent upon completion of the hiring process including verifications and background checks as required for employmentTo all recruitment agencies:
Henderson does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Henderson without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Henderson. Please, no phone calls or emails.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends or through our applicant tracking system which will appear We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. Henderson will not ask any applicant to purchase equipment, nor offer to reimburse any applicant for expenses incurred prior to employment. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website's careers page.