Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists - increasing collaboration and care coordination - all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology. The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac care, offering heart disease prevention, treatment, surgery, and research. We received "top performer" recognition by the Joint Commission for performance on evidence-based care processes for the treatment of heart attack, and were recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association as a Get with the Guidelines - Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award winner in 2016.
St. Vincent's Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut for 2013 - 2014 by US News & World Report. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University.
Physician Assistant Role Scope
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute is seeking a dynamic and dedicated operating room Physician Assistant to join the busy and growing Department of Cardiac Surgery. Under the direction of a cardiothoracic surgeon, the physician assistant is responsible for performing a variety of duties. These duties include:
- Responsible for the care of all Cardiothoracic patients in the pre, peri and post op phases, including ICU and stepdown unit management
- First Assisting in OR
- Responsible for procedures such as chest tube insertion, IABP removal, insertion of arterial lines and central lines
Schedule: Per Diem
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Supportive team environment with thorough on-boarding
- Competitive compensation
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master's program
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant.
- 2+ years' experience in cardiovascular surgery preferred
- First assistant experience, including endoscopic vein harvesting skills preferred
- EVH experience preferred but NOT required
- NCCPA certification required
- ACLS/BLS certification required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.