Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut for 2013 - 2014 by US News & World Report. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. St. Vincent's Medical Center was the first institution in the state to pioneer endovascular vein harvesting.
Physician Assistant Role Scope:
Hartford HealthCare St. Vincent's Medical Center is seeking a Physician Assistant to join their Surgical Subspecialty team. The successful candidate will be responsible for various functions including first assisting in the operating room, rounding, bedside procedures and consults. APPs will work in collaboration with a number of surgeons covering subspecialty services including colorectal, plastics, surgical oncology, bariatrics, urology and breast, as well as robotic procedures.
- Perform Daily patient rounds and implement therapeutic intervention
- Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation
- Perform admissions, consults and discharge of patients
- Ordering diagnostic studies as part of clinical treatment plan
- First assist surgeon in the OR with professional competency
- Perform and assist with bedside procedures
- Identify and provide teaching for patients, families, and other health care providers
Shift: Full Time (40 hours) - Monday through Friday - No weekends
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Supportive team environment with thorough on-boarding
- Competitive compensation
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program required
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- NCCPA Certification
- DEA and CT prescriptive privileges
- BLS, ACLS and ATLS certification
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS - Experience:
2+ years working as a First Assistant in the operating room is preferred. Robotic training is a plus.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.