A privately owned skilled nursing organization is looking for a Spanish Speaking Internal / Family Medicine / Geriatric Physician to participate as a member of the PACE Interdisciplinary Team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans that meet the objectives, standards and policies of the PACE model of care. Incumbent demonstrates proficiency in collaborating with the Nurse Practitioners at the site to provide complete primary care to the participants. The Physician is the leader of the Clinical Team whose primary mission is to assist frail elders to remain living in the community for as long as they may do so safely.
- 8-13 patients per day; dictate your own schedule
- Patients hours 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. & out the door at 4 (Dr. needs to be at location at 8AM)
- Interdisciplinary support team on-site
- Paid Call; 1:13 rotation
- Performs initial examinations of PACE applicants.
- Completes periodic evaluations and annual physical examinations of the participants.
- Evaluates participants for episodic visits, for acute illnesses and for follow-ups of hospitalizations.
- Makes nursing home visits in accordance with the state nursing home requirements and as needed.
- Makes home visits as needed acutely or in chronic situations when participants are home bound.
- Participates in the PACE hospital rounding system and the on-call schedule.
- Evaluates the needs of the participants and develops treatment plans in concert with the other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Provides appropriate health care teaching to patients, their families and caregivers, as well as to other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Frequent local travel.
PACE Program Overview