Our Health System in Charleston, SC seeks a Faculty member to join our Internal Medicine Residency Program in the resident outpatient continuity clinic.
- 1:5 call
- A minimum of three years of experience and/or administrative experience in an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Program as a member of the faculty or leadership team is preferred
- Administrative and clinical teaching responsibilities are about 50/50 and include:
- Shared accountability for the operation of the Internal Medicine residency program
- Delivery of outlined curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
- Obtaining and maintaining ACGME accreditation and state approval
- Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
- Participating in competency evaluations of residents
We are a comprehensive healthcare network where more than 280,000 colleagues across 185 hospital campuses and approximately 2,000 care facilities in 21 states and the United Kingdom are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. We are an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. We are now the largest provider of Graduate Medical Education for Physician and Surgeons with over 250 academic programs educating over 3,900 residents and fellows nationwide. Building a network of innovative, patient centered GME communities, the company maintains 56 teaching hospitals in 14 states with plans to grow existing programs and add new programs to accommodate as many as 7,000 residents by 2025. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and give our colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of our healthcare network, our colleagues are connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
An extraordinary coastal city, rich in history and traditions. Charleston, SC has earned national and international recognition of distinction in economic development, access to global markets, tourism, medical care and entrepreneurial opportunity. With its diverse economic mix, the area continues to grow; yet its rich, historic charm and cultural sophistication are evident throughout the city. These distinguishable qualities have established the foundation that has led Charleston to the forefront of cities created with innovation,