It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health Dean Medical Group Madison North High Point
This flexible full time (.8-1.0 fte) Internal Medicine physician opportunity is located at our West Clinic, and offers the opportunity to join our team of 8 Internists.
We utilize a care team approach to optimize patient care. In addition to Physicians & Advanced Practitioners, care teams at the West clinic consist of nurses & medical assistants as well as a Certified Diabetic Educator, embedded Pharmacist, and access to a Care Coordination RN and Social Workers.
This team approach is one reason that has led to the department s superior quality ratings in an organization known throughout WI as a high performer in clinical quality.
We are a large multi-specialty clinic with primary care & urgent care along as well as onsite pharmacy, imaging, and lab. Internists partner with our St. Mary s Hospitalist team for inpatient needs. The clinic is located in a convenient location w/ close proximity to Middleton, Waunakee, Verona, and downtown Madison.
- Mission-based organization with a collegial & collaborative team, a fully supportive work environment, and superior clinical quality outcomes
- Outpatient practice with nursing home option
- Shared 1-in-7 call schedule with RN triage
- Mature Epic EMR with individual optimization to improve efficiencies
- .8 to 1.0 fte option
- 2-year salary guarantee with generous sign-on bonus
- Madison, Wisconsin s state capital has a population of 269,000 and consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, and raise a family
- Madison boasts an outstanding public school system with 30 elementary, 12 middle and 5 high schools
- More than 180 public, governmental and special libraries are available for additional learning
- Residents enjoy an endless variety of music, dance, theater, visual and literary arts, including 5 museums exhibiting art, history, and science collections
- Residents also enjoy a wide range of recreational & outdoor activities including hiking, walking, biking, & riding trails; beautiful parks; 4 surrounding lakes; the UW- Madison Arboretum; and Olbrich Botanical Gardens to name a few
- Shoppers and diners enjoy an eclectic mix of independent stores and restaurants celebrating cultures from around the globe
- Sports fans cheer for the Wisconsin Badgers in most major college sports
For more information, contact:
Gina Haldiman - Senior Recruiter - Physician, Provider and Leadership Talent
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
West IM Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.